A few weeks ago I received an e-mail from FitPro asking if I would be interested in sampling their ready to drink protein shakes. My initial thought was, “thanks, but no thanks.”
I am totally not into choking down some disgusting tasting drink just because it’s supposed to be good for me in some way for another. But, the second line of the e-mail caught my attention:
“Unlike chalky, artificial drinks that utilize protein powders, FitPro starts out as real, hormone-free milk from American farms – and it stays that way.”
Hmmm…may be worth a try, plus they offered to send a product sample to one of my readers as well! Win for both of us!
Here is how my sample arrived:
Cute, right? I received chocolate and vanilla samples of both FitPro & FitPro Lite.
Let me give you the quick nutritional rundown and then I’ll give you my thoughts on taste.
Why use FitPro:
- FitPro is made from real hormone-free milk (and has the REAL Dairy seal to prove it!)
- Made with all natural ingredients
- 3:1 protein/ carb ratio that’s ideal for athlete recovery
- choose between FitPro with 40grams of protein for workout recovery or FitPro Lite with 26grams for everyday use
- Lactose Free (yup, even though it’s real milk they filter out the lactose!)
- Gluten Free
- Proven increased protein digestibility and absorption vs. protein powder
Sounds pretty good, right?? But now for what really matters…the taste test!
I tried the chocolate first after my long run last weekend:
It was a bit thicker than I was expecting, for some reason I was expecting a chocolate milk consistency (although I’m not sure why I was surprised…they do call it a shake!). I’d say it’s sort of like a slightly melted milkshake and very chocolaty, but (as promised!) it did not have that horrible chalky “protein shake” taste!
Instead of having to force this down I really was sitting at my kitchen table thinking about milkshakes! Mmmm….milkshakes…my favorite is chocolate & peanut butter. Ohhh…idea!
Oh yes I did! Now I know this thing already has plenty of protein, but I couldn’t help myself and honestly if my ice cream place handed this to me in a cup I probably wouldn’t have been able to tell the difference! (Chocolate / Peanut Butter, maybe a new FitPro flavor – hint hint!)
Next up, vanilla.
Now admittedly, I’m not really a “vanilla person” (I guess it’s sort of like being a cat person vs. a dog person), but I gave it a try for research sake. Same thickness as the chocolate and definitely didn’t have the weird chalky taste, so if you’re a vanilla person I bet you’d be happy with it! I started experimenting again and put some coffee in it (the pic above is without coffee), but I bet you can even throw it in a blender with fruit or something and it would probably be really good!
Ready to give it a try? Here’s how you can win your own sample pack of FitPro:
Mandatory to enter:
- Leave a comment letting me know are a you chocolate or vanilla person? dog or cat person?
Additional entries (please leave a separate comment for each):
- “Like” Fit Pro on Facebook (leave a comment letting me know you did!)
- Follow @DrinkFitPro on Twitter (leave a separate comment letting me know you did!)
- Tweet or post on Facebook about this giveaway, including a link to this page, and leave a comment letting me know you did (please include @dnardi710 or the link to your FB page so I can see it!)
This giveaway will be open until Friday, March 1st at midnight EST at which time a winner will be randomly selected and notified. **Giveaway is only open to US residents only. For more information on FitPro you can visit their website at www.FitProOnline.com.
Disclaimer: I was given a free sample of FitPro for this review. All opinions are 100% my own, I was under no obligation to give a positive review.