Disclaimer: I received the XX2i USA1 Sunglasses to review as part of being a BibRave Pro. Learn more about becoming a BibRave Pro (ambassador), and check out BibRave.com to review find and write race reviews!
I received the XX2i polarized USA1 sunglasses in white gloss with blue flash lenses, retail value $59.99.
Here’s what came in the package:
- 1 pair of sunglasses
- 1 hard case
- 1 sunglasses soft case/ cleaner
- extra nose pieces and temple tips (both adjustable!)
- 1 sunglasses strap
A few months ago I had the opportunity to also review the XX2i France1 Dual Pack, so I thought it would be interesting to try a different pair of XX2i glasses to compare. While I didn’t mind the France1, I’ll admit that when it came down to it my instinct was to still reach for my old running sunglasses, so I was curious to see how I’d feel about the USA1. (The France1 are a half frame sunglasses while the USA1 are a full frame which is what I’m more used to wearing.)
While I actually like the look of the France1 better on me, I did find the USA1 more comfortable (I have a small face though, so I personally think they look kind of big on my face!). And I LOVE the white and blue color!
I think I’ve figured out what sort of bugs me about both pairs of these glasses though – the rubber nose pieces and “arms” or “temple tips” as they call them. While I understand that the rubber helps keep them in place, especially while running, biking or getting sweaty, I feel like the rubber gets stuck in my hair, especially when I try to push the glasses on top of my head. Definitely not enough to keep me from using these glasses, but just something I noticed that was bugging me.
- Customizable with adjustments, extra lenses, nose & temple pieces
- Hard & soft cases to keep glasses safe
- Stayed in place while running
- Many color options – I love the white & blue ones I received (see them all HERE!)
- XX2i has a 365 any reason return policy if you’re not happy with your purchase!
- Nose pieces make them sit a little farther away from my face than I personally like (let’s sun in from the top), but that being said, a lot of people like that because then sweat doesn’t get trapped in the glasses!
- Rubber nose piece and “temple tips” get stuck in my hair which gets frustrating
I spent a ton of time outdoors running, paddle boarding and biking and I know I’ll get a ton of use out of these glasses!
Are sunglasses a “must have” for your runs?
Don’t forget to use code ‘XX2iRocks” for 50% off your order –
that means these glasses are only $30!
(And there’s always free shipping!)