Disclaimer: I received a pair of Plantronics BackBeat FIT wireless headphones to review as part of my partnership with BibRave.com as a BibRave Pro, however as always, all thoughts and opinions on the product are my own! Learn more about becoming a BibRave Pro (ambassador), and check out BibRave.com to review find and write race reviews! (You can find me on BibRave.com HERE!)
As a BibRave Pro, I’ve been very fortunate to have the opportunity to test out some great new running gear and I love sharing my thoughts on different products with you! I do my best to be honest in all reviews, so HONESTLY, I am pretty excited about these headphones!
I have always struggled to find headphones that will stay in my ears while I’m running. The best I ever found for me were the old style of headphones that you got when you bought an Apple iPod or iPhone, but then of course they went and changed them (supposedly to better fit the average person’s ear…), but now the right one always falls out when I’m running and it makes me NUTS!
Yup. Just my right ear.
So let’s file this next part under “Things I Never Thought I’d Blog About”, but my right ear actually kind of sticks out…(see how HONEST I am being here! and now that I mentioned it you are totally going to start to notice it in pictures!)…and because of that headphones apparently don’t like to stay in that ear.
Well, these Plantronics headphones stayed put while I ran, and BONUS – they’re wireless!
Now that I’ve basically spoiled the actual review portion, let’s back up and take a look inside the box. With your set of headphones you’ll receive some instructions, a small USB charger and a carrying case…
I took the headphones out for a run and honestly really loved how they stayed in place. The back piece that connects the two ear pieces is made out of a soft flexible rubber and sits high enough off your neck that I never once felt it back there.
Here are a few Pros & Cons on my experience with the Plantronics BackBeat Fit wireless headphones:
- great fit & stayed in place while running!
- waterproof (i.e. sweat-proof!)
- great sound quality and…
- design allows for you to still hear your surroundings!
- wireless (how much do you hate getting tangled in cords while running!)
- easy to set up and pair with your phone (you can answer calls too!)
- easy to use controls located on each ear piece
- holds a charge for 8 hours
- companion app allows for updates and “Find My Headset”
- the arm band wasn’t as comfortable as the one I currently use, not a problem though, you can use any armband/ phone carrier you want!
- the headphone piece going over my ear didn’t allow for my sunglasses to sit on my ear like the normally do
- needs to be charged! (Stuff that needs to be charged is always an issue for me, I am always forgetting to recharge things!)
Overall I’ve really enjoyed my experience with these headphones and as long as I can remember to keep them charged they are definitely going to be a part of my go-to running attire!
**The Plantronics BackBeat FIT were also recently chosen as one of the Best Earbuds for Runners by Runner’s World!**