Chances are if you’re a runner you know what your IT Band is (if not, lucky you!).
Here are a few quick and easy poses (that you can even do while sitting and watching TV!) to show your IT Bands some love!
- begin seated crossing one leg over the other with knees stacked directly on top of one another
- bring heels back and in towards hips
- to deepen the stretch (ONLY if this is not already enough!) begin to fold forward hinging at the hips
- hold for 1 minute, uncross legs and repeat on the other side
- begin seated crossing one leg over the other with shins stacked directly on top of one another and ankle to knee alignment (left ankle on right knee and left knee on right ankle)
- to deepen the stretch elongate your spine and fold forward hinging at the hips (not rounding the back)
- hold for 1 minute, uncross legs and repeat on other side
Happy Running and Happy Yoga-ing!
(Don’t forget you can check out all Yoga for Runner’s posts HERE!)