This post was inspired by Laura at Camping Out in America’s “31 Things You Don’t Know” where she basically listed a bunch of things most people probably don’t know about her!
I thought it was a really fun post to read so I decided to “borrow” the idea! Please excuse the terrible quality of some of the photos, some of them are actually pictures of pictures (you know, because they are from back in the day before there were digital cameras…)
So, in no particular order (other than the order that I thought of them in!), here are 21 things you may not know about me!
1. I only eat pretzels with orange juice and it is hands down my favorite snack
2. JELLO scares the crap out of me…it is the most unnatural thing I’ve ever seen
3. I’ve only gotten stitches once, I was 10 years old and I may have been doing flips on my bed…
4. I’ve only broken a bone once (ankle), I was in college and I may have been doing flips on my trampoline…
5. I used to be a diver (which explains why I had a trampoline)
6. I hate going to the movies…I can never get comfortable and then I just fidget the whole time! The only movies I’ve seen in theaters in ages are the Harry Potter and Pirates of the Caribbean movies, everything else can wait.
7. I didn’t have a “real” wedding, Jason and I got married in Aruba, just the two of us, it was exactly what we wanted!
8. Gerber Daisies are my favorite flower
9. I love funky socks!
10. I really love scarves (big cozy winter ones, not light flowy decorative ones)
11. I used to have a pet iguana
12. My musical abilities end at changing the stations on the radio. Seriously, I can’t even clap on beat to music.
13. I lifeguarded and taught swim lessons over the summer through high school and college (oh the good old days!)
14. I never had a TV in my room until I moved in with my husband and I hate it, I much prefer to read at night
15. I LOVE sour patch kids but I don’t eat the green ones
16. I played hockey for a year in college
17. I worked in professional sports for 10 years, but I’m really not a big sports fan
18. I took a month-long trip cross country with a friend in college, we had a black car with leather seats, it was the middle of summer and the AC broke. I hate heat. The trip was awesome and not so awesome all at the same time.
19. I have a big red birthmark on my right knee. My parents considered having it removed when I was a kid, but I told them if I ever got kidnapped it would be a good way to identify me.
20. My date and I wore red Converse to our prom (see, I hated heels even back then!)
21. I went skydiving with my dad and brother for my 20th birthday
So, what do you think? Anything interesting/ surprising??
What fun or silly fact may people not know about you?
you sold me on the pretzels and orange juice in Jan!
Haha, I was a little worried about drinking orange juice mid-race but it totally worked! (Well that and the Dole Whip!)
Wow. I can’t believe you drink OJ during a race! I would totally be bringing that back up! However, orange slices, no problem. Lol!
Haha, I think most people probably would but (knock on wood!) I seem to be ok eating pretty much anything before / while I run as long as it’s not too much!
I’m with you on the socks. You will never catch me wearing a pair of plain white ones (unless it’s during a run). And right now I’m wishing I’m getting married in Aruba with just me and Doug. Good call by you guys! 🙂
Haha, I can’t tell you how many people told me I would regret not having a real wedding, but honestly I don’t at all. I know it’s not for everyone, but it was perfect for us…to each their own I guess, right?
You and I could go shopping for socks and scarves, I love them both so much.
Haha, I LOVE fun socks! There is this fair / festival thing that I go to every year that has a booth with tons of different socks and they’re like 5 pairs for $20 or something, I always get a bunch!
I LOVE your 21 facts. I think we would make good friends.
Haha, I’m always up for new friends! Let’s just hope the post doesn’t scare away any of my current friends!
The birthmark comment you made to your parents is too hilarious!!!! It was fun reading those facts!
Thanks! I enjoy reading it when other people do stuff like this, so I figured I’d try it, it was actually fun to write too!
I LOVE your comment about Jello. After I gave birth they kept putting jello on my food tray and I kept telling them to leave it in the kitchen. Needless to say, after 5 days in the hospital, I went home my pre pregnancy weight……for lack of eating disgusting jello and other odd hospital food! 🙂 PS I also love fun socks, but now that I live in a warm climate, I stick to flip flops and Experia socks for running!
Haha, yeah I’d have a hard time eating if there were Jello sitting on my plate, it’s so gross!!!
Totally jealous you get to be in flip flops all the time, as much as I love my fun socks I think I’d prefer that! Although I wouldn’t get much use out of my scarves then either….
hey dani, it was fun reading all of these things about you. what a fun idea! i do remember watching you dive and i remember when you worked as a lifeguard and swim instructor. and i pretty much knew about the other stuff but not the part of not liking going to the movies. i have to agree with you, i especially hate hearing everyone krinkling thier popcorn bags and being so loud when they eat! and i didn’t know that you are not a sports fan.
Haha, I probably should have titled it “21 Things You May Not Know About Me (unless you’re related to me!)”, thanks for reading it though! It’s funny, you know how much my dad loves going to the movies, he asks me to go all the time and I’m always like, “Noooo, I hate going to the movies, you know that!!!”
oh and i didn’t know you love pretzels wit o.j. or gerber daisies! i thought your favorite were sunflowers. so even though we are related i did learn a lot! 🙂
It was really fun reading about you – this was a great idea! I love that you and your husband got married just the two of you – how special!
Yeah, it was perfect for us, not for everyone, but we really enjoyed it…very relaxing, I wouldn’t change a thing about it!
I just recently started to dislike going to the movies. I agree. It’s so hard to get comfortable and I usually have to go to the bathroom during the good parts.
Haha, me too! I’m always like, what the heck, can’t we pause this for a minute?!?
What a fun list!! Gerber daisies are my second favorite flower (after tulips). I am very intrigued by the pretzels and OJ combo – I might have to try it.
Haha, I know the pretzels and OJ are sort of weird (not as weird as my friend who used to LIKE drinking OJ after brushing her teeth!), but definitely let me know what you think!
Hmm. You’re anti-Jell-o but love Sour Patch Kids? Interesting. I love these pictures though! I love your red converse. I wore heels to prom and learned my lesson. So I wore flip flops to get married (much to my mother’s objections. ) 🙂
I was sort of waiting for someone to question the Jello vs. Sour Patch kids thing! I actually prefer my sour patch kids sort of hard (I guess a bit stale?!?) so that they’re less jello-like : )
Pingback: Blogger Awards (better late than never!) | Live, Run, Grow
Pingback: 2 Years of Living, Running & Growing! | Live, Run, Grow
Never understood the concept of going to the movies. If I am going to go out in public with a friend, why would I want to sit in the dark and not talk to them!?
Love this this list, the idea as well as all the fun interesting things about you…I just started my own little blog and I may steal this idea 🙂