I can’t believe Jason and I leave for our trip to Italy 1 month from today!! I guess one of the benefits of planning trips pretty last minute is that they are here before you know it!
I’ve shared a few posts on my trip planning so far, I’ve done plenty of research and at this point really all I need to do is book our train travel (this week’s top task!) and then begin confirming all of our plans!
I’ve been pretty meticulous in our planning and have spreadsheets, budgets and Pinterest boards full of information, which means it’ll be really easy for me to go through everything to confirm it and organize all of the contact information, directions and paperwork we’ll need for the trip! (I’m still figuring out how to best organize all the documents I’ll need to print out and bring – a small binder or folder maybe??)
In the week leading up to the trip I plan on sharing a brief overview of our plans for each city (we’ll be visiting Rome, Venice and Florence) and then after the trip I’ll definitely share pictures, thoughts and reviews of the different tours and activities!
So, with a month to go, here’s what’s on my to-do list for the next 30 days!
1 Month Out
- Book train travel (this week’s top task!)
- Confirm tours, hotels and trips plans
- Print out all confirmations, tickets, etc.
- Find something to organize all print outs (any suggestions??)
- Go through Pinterest board and develop “to-do” list, restaurants, etc.
2 Weeks Out
- Notify bank we’ll be traveling out of country
- Look into international cell phone plan options (necessary or not??)
- Begin weather stalking!
- Create packing list (anything I need to get??)
**My goal is to pack in a carry-on for an 11 day trip – any tips??**
1 Week Out
- Begin packing!
- Download LOTS of Italy apps
- Confirm transportation to airport