Today I’m answering the Liebster Award questions from Carlee over at Be The Change. The Liebster Award is a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers and maybe learn about some new blogs you haven’t read before! – Enjoy!
- You must link back to the person who nominated you
- You must answer the 10 Liebster questions given to you by the nominee before you
- You must pick 10 bloggers to be nominated for the award
- You must create 10 questions for your nominees
- You must go to their blogs and notify the nominees
1. What is your favorite race distance?
I think my favorite race distance is the marathon. I love following a training plan (which I don’t really do for 13.1), the build up to race day, the challenge of 26.2 miles and the feeling of accomplishment crossing the finish line. There’s just something about the whole experience of the journey of the marathon that I don’t get out of any other race distance.
2. If you have a significant other, how did you two meet?
Jason and I met while we both worked in minor league hockey. For rival teams. My game night staff’s locker room was right next to the visiting team’s locker room and we just ended up becoming friends! (I eventually went to work for the team he worked for and then we both went on to work for their NHL team.)
3. What do you think your biggest accomplishment has been up to this point in your life?
I’d have to say completing my first marathon. Honestly it’s something I never thought I would do and I really had to work hard for it. I struggled through that first round of marathon training, but I never gave up and crossing the finish line and proving to myself that I could do something I never thought I could really opened my eyes to trying a lot of other new things.
4. If you could be known for one thing, what would that be?
Umm…pass? Just kidding, but I really don’t have an answer for this one. It’s such an interesting question that I’ve never really thought about. I’ll keep thinking and get back to you!
5. What is your favorite pizza topping(s)?
I’m kind of a minimalist when it comes to pizza, I really like a plain marinara or margherita (with lots of garlic!), but there is a pizza place near me that makes an awesome salad pizza!
6. Biggest fear?
Jello. Or Turkeys. Both just freak the heck out of me!
(And if you think I’m nuts, just go to YouTube and search “wild turkey attack”!)
7. What is your favorite thing to listen to when running/ working out?
I listen to podcasts more than music when I run, I’ve never really been a big music person.
8. Favorite place to visit?
Disney & Cape Cod
9. If you could only eat one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be?
10. What do you love most about the running community?
I love that when I was training for my first race I was able to find the answers to all my (many!) questions on other runner’s blogs. Reading about other people’s first race experiences made me feel comfortable going into my first race and I hope my blog can do the same for others!
Here are the 10 blogging friends I’m nominating to answer the questions:
- Kellie at Will Run for Ears
- Jennifer at The Final Forty
- Pam and Christine at We Run Disney
- Alex at Runs 4 Treats
- Nicole at Pink Elephant on Parade
- Jenn at Fairest Run of All
- Karla at Run Karla Run
- Pam at Wife Mother Runner
- Jenn at Healthy Dose of Pixie Dust
- Leslie at A Runner’s Shenanigans
And here are the 10 questions I’ve chosen – have fun!
- If you could run any race in the world what would it be?
- What is the best race you’ve run so far?
- What is your favorite book?
- Favorite TV show?
- Is there a skill or talent you wish you had?
- Favorite Disney character?
- What’s the best job you ever had?
- Is there a food you just can’t stand??
- What’s your favorite, can’t live without piece of running gear?
- What’s the one tip you would give to a new runner.